Looking for Work?
We can help!
Thousands of people have found Shannon Staffing to be a great choice when seeking employment, whether looking for a temporary job or a rewarding long-term career.
- Some of our clients ask us to help find, attract and recruit Permanent Placement or Direct-Hire candidates, where newly-hired individuals move directly onto the personnel roster of the client as a core team member or “regular employee.”
- Other clients like to fully evaluate potential new employees, working in-place, before they make a long-term commitment. Individuals serve as Shannon Staffing employees that are “assigned” to work at a specific client, as Assignment Employees or Temporary Staff.
- Some of our “assignment, temporary or contract employees” later gain “regular-employee” status with an organization where they’ve completed an assignment, through Temp-to-Hire conversion. This status change occurs either by initial client design (for example, after 90, 120 or 180 days of evaluation) or from client recognition of an individual’s outstanding performance. Often these strong performers gain an increase in compensation and begin to accrue benefits of the client upon conversion to “regular-employee” status.
- Let us help Set the Record Straight about common myths and misunderstandings around Temporary Staffing Services.
- 1. Application
- 2. Testing
- 3. Interview
- 4. Orientation
- 5. Documentation
- 6. Reference and Screening
- 7. Weekly Timecard and Payroll
- Resume / Skills checklist
- Past employer information for references
- Copies of any certifications and licensure
- Educational documentation
- Substance-abuse/Drug screening
Founded in 1985, we are a leading staffing-and-recruiting firm that is well-respected in our community. We’ve worked with hundreds of organizations in Central Ohio and around the US to provide attractive opportunities in:
…Light Industrial & Skilled Trades / Manufacturing / Operations
…Office, Clerical & Administrative
…Accounting & Finance / Business Support and Analysis
…Information Technology / Data
…Professional & Managerial / Executive
…Engineering, Scientific & Technical
…Healthcare & Medical
…Sales and Marketing / Customer Service and Support
…Technical / Engineering / Product Development
…Warehouse / Logistics / Distribution
Shannon Staffing offers access to a wide variety of open positions, often roles that you may not be able to find publicly or cannot access on your own.
>>> Why do organizations use Staffing and Recruiting Agencies?
Organizations save time, energy, and attention by selectively using experienced firms such as Shannon Staffing. We’ve developed our reputation and expertise by maintaining close contact with talented individuals seeking or considering new employment.
>>> What is the evaluation process you employ for Permanent Placement Candidates or Direct Hire Recruiting?
We prefer to speak with interested candidates before we receive a formal client request, to get to know each individual’s interests and strengths. This process may entail delivery of cover letters and resumes, interviews by phone or video, subject-matter tests, and background checks. By conducting these evaluation activities up-front, we enable the matching of candidates and employers on an expedited basis.
If you’d like to have a confidential conversation about your background and preferences, follow this link to start the process!
>>> What is the process you apply for assigning Temporary Employees or Contract Staff?
Shannon Staffing uses a comprehensive 7-step employment process from application to assignment for Temporary Staffing. We want the entire process to be simple, stress-free, efficient and effective for all parties … the employee-candidate, our employer-client and us.
1. APPLICATION – You can apply on-line or in-person at your Shannon Staffing office or local-area hiring event. The following are normally part of the application process:
You should note that a criminal background check will be completed. And, for many manufacturing-related roles, you may be required to undergo a physical exam.
2. TESTING – General and job-specific skills and competencies evaluations may be completed depending on assignment requirements, your skill level, and interests.
3. INTERVIEW – Each candidate undergoes a personal interview before being considered for an assignment, to ensure that we meet the client’s needs and your career goals.
4. ORIENTATION – Once you are hired, additional state- and federally-required forms will be completed. You must be able to provide proof of identity and employment eligibility. You will complete Shannon Staffing’s safety and general orientations as well as any client-specific orientation before being assigned and sent to work at a client.
5. DOCUMENTATION – We will take additional time to make sure that you sign and understand all of the required forms you’ll fill out, and ensure that your employment file is complete.
6. REFERENCE and SCREENING – Past employers will be contacted for employment references plus driving records and criminal background checks may be completed before you are sent on an assignment. As a drug-free employer, we conduct pre- and re-employment drug screens, as well as random checks during your time of employment.
7. WEEKLY TIMECARD and PAYROLL – Timecards will be reviewed with you before an assignment. To ensure that you are paid promptly, it is your responsibility to submit client-approved timecards in a timely manner. As a Shannon Staffing employee, you will enjoy the benefit and convenience of weekly direct deposit.
Our Staffing Professionals are available to answer questions about the staffing-and-recruiting process, our areas of focus, and matches with your unique qualifications.
Please feel free to CONTACT US with these inquiries.