To all of our neighbors, clients and friends,
(Originally posted April 15, 2020 and LAST UPDATED July 22, 2020)
We hope that you and your loved ones are safe, healthy and well.
With the ongoing challenges created by the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, we wanted to take time to remember what is most important: our relationships with people that make our lives interesting and wonderful… in other words, YOU. Thank you for sharing part of your lives with us at Shannon Staffing. We’ve always known that, working together, we can overcome any challenge, including COVID-19.
We also wanted to reach out to give you an update during this unsettling time, ask if you are well (at least, as well as can be expected), and offer our help as a neighbor.
We value your health, safety and well-being, as well as the trust and confidence you have placed in us over the years.
- We are following and adhering to the CDC’s and State of Ohio’s health guidelines for individuals, businesses and employers, as well as Governor DeWine’s orders.
- Even as we support businesses with our staffing-and-recruiting activities, we have chosen to limit in-office visits from the public to only those few tasks which absolutely require in-person representation.
- Our client service personnel, staffing coordinators, accounting staff, and management team have also been set up to work remotely as needed.
- Other than the occasional and unintended at-home noises and interruptions, you should not notice any differences in your interactions with us when we Work from Home.
- (To those loved ones who are sheltering-in-place with us as we work, the answer you seek is likely among one of these: “Yes, I’m on the phone.” “No.” “Look in the fridge.” “It’s in the laundry room.” “Yes, I’m 100% sure that you can take care of that without my help.”)
- We are successfully accepting and processing job requisitions, client requests, candidate applications, employee benefits, payroll, and all other core activities, whether we are in the office or working remotely.
- We maintain our existing contact information for mail, emails, calls and faxes. We ask that intended visitors contact us to determine the need for and then pre-arrange any in-person meetings.
- We have digitized documents and streamlined activities to better support our remote work.
- We delivered to Knox Community Hospital our inventory of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) that are potentially useful in protecting healthcare providers and first responders.
- We salute these everyday heroes, and wish them continued health and safety.
- We applaud our neighboring businesses and organizations that have converted their facilities, materials and processes to manufacture life-saving PPE, medical equipment and supplies, as well as our neighbors who have volunteered their time and energy to help others in a time of great need.
- In April, we published a document on our website which identifies available resources for individuals, employers, owners, business leaders and community organizers to consider. In times like these, knowledge and perspective are powerful tools.
We want to assure you that the staffing-and-recruiting team at Shannon Staffing is still working for you and on behalf of our community. We have been in business for over 30 years – overcoming painful recessions, national tragedies, and obstacles large and small – and know that we will get through this with you and because of you. Every day presents a new challenge. We are confident that a ‘new normal’ will ultimately come about, and we will be here to help you adapt, grow and succeed … working together, building futures.
If there is something that we can do for you – offer feedback, suggest resources, or otherwise – please do not hesitate to contact us.
President, Shannon Staffing