Exemplary Staffing and Recruiting Services
We are an independently-owned professional staffing & recruiting service based in Central Ohio, with network affiliates throughout the U.S. and Canada.
Our local ownership plus national reach allows us to offer unique staffing and recruiting services that comprise flexible workforce solutions, human resource management services, and growth-focused strategic and operational consulting that’s personalized, not franchised, in Ohio and throughout North America.
Our reputation for quality service and commitment to our employees, plus an ability to offer strategic insights and implement creative solutions, has made us a leading independently-owned staffing and recruiting service in Central Ohio.
We Help Drive Your Profitable Growth by Matching Talent to Opportunity
You’ve got challenges? We’ve got solutions!
You’ve got dreams of growing the business to a certain size, expanding your offerings, or extending your reach. Yet it’s tough to advance your Mission and drive Profitable Growth when your attention is split among so many different priorities and activities.
Gain back focus, capacity, time, and energy by leveraging outside resources and expertise!
CONTACT US to get started!
Finish Planning. Start Doing.
To move from innovative idea to excellent execution, why not build resiliency and flexibility into your plans and operations?
The experts at Shannon Staffing can provide you with the flexible support you need to execute and to succeed on a time-sensitive basis, with a variety of cost-effective workforce solutions.
Gain Leverage. Add Flexibility.
We’ll manage the investment, cost, timing and risk of finding, evaluating, recruiting, and managing qualified and talented people for your team’s efforts.
TASKS WE MANAGE
Partner Well. Hire Right.
With a flexible workforce solution from Shannon Staffing, you’ve got expert help and strategic options to stage your investments into your business growth.
CONTACT US to get started!
Tailored Workforce Solutions
Envisioning Success. Realizing Dreams.
Option 1: TEMPORARY STAFFING / CONTRACT WORKERS
You’ve got a great opportunity to grow because you’ve captured additional hot orders, landed a special project, or signed a new contract. But your team is overworked or under-resourced.
Plus you’re uncertain as to whether this growth will be sustained long-term.
Or maybe one of your core team members has suffered an illness or injury, or is going on vacation or sabbatical. You may know exactly how long he or she will be out … or maybe you don’t.
Either way, you’ve got a hole to fill. We can help.
You can add temporarily to your workforce with OUR employees (with a Temp-to-Hire option to bring individuals onto your own roster at any time).
We provide well-screened candidates who can help you fulfill your mission and business objectives. And we can do so whether it’s for a few weeks, a few months, a year or even longer. Plus these same Shannon Staffing employees can serve as an excellent talent pool to draw from if you do determine that this new-found growth or employee absence IS permanent.
Prior to placement, each employee is screened through our application process and due diligence. We complete criminal background checks, perform and manage interviews, oversee drug screenings and physical exams, and evaluate candidates’ skill sets, work histories and educational backgrounds for proper placement with current and prospective clients.
Option 2: EVALUATION ASSIGNMENT / TEMP-TO-HIRE
Maybe you’ve found what looks like a solid candidate. But you aren’t sure yet if he or she is the “right one.”
Or maybe you’d like to add to your core team using our expertise in advertising, evaluation and recruiting.
You want to minimize the risk of hiring the wrong person.
A Temp-to-Hire solution can reduce your risk of a bad hire.
You can add a candidate to your workforce who will work with you as OUR employee for a defined period of time.
During the evaluation period, you can see how well an individual performs in your environment and with your existing team. And at the end of the evaluation period, you can make a clear decision as to whether you want to move that worker onto your own personnel roster. (And if it doesn’t work out, we effectively handle ending the assignment and all of the consequent follow-up activities and paperwork.)
Option 3: DIRECT-HIRE RECRUITING / PERMANENT PLACEMENT
You’re looking to add or replace a core member of your own team.
Yet as you struggle to balance competing priorities, you simply don’t have the time, energy or resources to plan, perform and manage the grueling process.
Call upon us to execute this priority on your behalf.
Our disciplined, objective and time-tested Direct-Hire methodology helps clients reduce their “time to hire” and overall opportunity cost.
We enable you to focus on other pressing objectives while we diligently work on this task. We manage everything — in collaboration with you, of course — from helping to determine the title, responsibilities and compensation, to marketing and promoting the opportunity, to evaluating and screening candidates, to setting up interview schedules and background checks, to helping negotiate the offer and terms of employment, to on-boarding the successful candidate … and everything in-between.
Option 4: OUTPLACEMENT
At times of poor individual performance or overall economic stress, employers often must make hard decisions.
This sometimes involves cutting costs, reorganizing work or reducing staff.
These business decisions can be painful and wrenching, and this change can introduce additional risk to your reputation and profitability.
Through Outplacement Services, Shannon Staffing can assist you and affected employees during these hard times. We can work with individuals to help improve their candidacy for future employers and help them find their next position.
By enabling these separated employees to move forward in their career trajectory, we bolster your reputation as a ‘great place to work’ while reducing your long-term cost, liability and litigation risk.
Shannon Staffing uses a proven five-step process to match the client and our employee. Contact us today to explore your options!
1. Deep Conversation and Defined Scope
- You know your business best … its strengths, its needs, its opportunities, its culture.
- And, from more than 30 years of experience, we know Staffing and Recruiting.
- Our initial discussions are terrific opportunities to tell us exactly what you want to accomplish, what “success” and “the ideal candidate” look like, and the unique aspects about you and your enterprise.
- At an early stage, we may make a detailed on-site visit to learn even more about your specific needs and circumstances.
2. Disciplined Employee Evaluation
- We pride ourselves on finding and matching terrific talent with world-class organizations of all sizes.
- Each employee undergoes an extensive assessment that may include skills testing, interviews, work and education reference checks, criminal background checks, physical examinations, drug screenings, client-specific evaluations, and workplace behavior and safety orientations.
- Combined with the information you have given us about the assignment, this helps to ensure that our employee will be effective and productive for you.
3. Assignment Request
- We will work diligently with you to scope and define the roles and responsibilities in new assignments for employees.
- Our dedicated team aims to thoroughly understand your parameters that define “success.”
- And to remain responsive to your needs, we remain available 24/7 to handle emergency situations and other issues that may need attention.
4. Quality Control
- Every client is unique.
- We tailor our client contact to your preferences, and can conduct initial-day calls and weekly check-ins at your request.
- Upon request, we can deliver customized analyses and reports that support your business decision-making.
5. Continuous Improvement Review
- Continuous improvement opportunities lead to closer ties, better relationships, and stronger organizations.
- During and after an assignment, we encourage candid conversations to discuss areas where you do not feel “fully satisfied” with an employee’s documented on-the-job performance or our handling of your account.
In Central Ohio, business works with Shannon Staffing … and has done so successfully for over 30 years.
Working Together. Building Futures.
CONTACT US to get started!
You Have Questions…
Shannon Staffing Has the Answers!
Our FAQ section offers guidance on common areas of interest.
How can I contact you to explore my options or if I need help?
How do I place a request or order for staffing-and-recruiting assistance?
The most important part of our job is to match our employees’ skills to YOUR needs, in order to make this a success for all parties. (Note: We adhere to all applicable employment laws and practices, and our code of ethics does not allow Shannon Staffing to honor any illegal or discriminatory requests.)
What information should I provide to the employee(s) that you send to me?
- introduce them to co-workers and their supervisor; show them the facilities (including restrooms and break areas), parking area, and where to store their personal belongings;
- be sure that the employees are briefed on all required safety and emergency procedures; and
- ensure that they are aware of specific duties and responsibilities, what is expected of them (do’s and dont’s), and communicate any changes in work to be performed.
Are there any restrictions in the duties that we may assign to the employee(s) that you send to us?
a) having access to or handling cash, securities or other valuables;
b) driving any motorized vehicles;
c) operating heavy equipment;
d) climbing and using ladders.
To ensure appropriate placement, Shannon Staffing must pre-approve — in writing — assigning our employee(s) to positions where one or more of the above duties or tasks would be performed as part of the assignment.
How are your employees paid and how am I billed?
Do your employees receive benefits?
What options or alternatives do I have if your employee is not working out?
What should I do if your employee is injured on the job?
However, we realize that accidents do occasionally happen.
In such an event, please call Shannon Staffing immediately when an injury or accident occurs, even if you think the injury is only minor. Immediate treatment should be sought at the local emergency room, when necessary. You will be asked to complete an injury report soon after any injury or accident.
As the employer, Shannon Staffing is responsible for all matters relating to workers’ compensation claims. Your prompt notification of an injury requiring treatment will help ensure proper claims procedures are followed and that drug and alcohol testing is completed in accordance with our Substance Abuse Policy and protocols.
May I hire one (or more) of your employees on a permanent basis?
When the time comes to add ‘permanent (or regular) employees,’ observing our employees on assignment with you is an excellent opportunity to conduct a “working interview.” You may find just the right match for your open positions. We have many options available to meet your short-term and long-term hiring needs, including Direct-Hire, Contract Conversion, and Temp-to-Hire solutions.
And if you can’t readily find the answer you need, simply contact us!
- We are a founding and charter member of the Ohio Staffing & Search Association (OSSA).
- We have been long-time members of the American Staffing Association (ASA), National Association of Personnel Services (NAPS), and the International Network of Independent Staffing Services (TempNet), in which we have been leaders as officers, board members, committee chairs and speakers at these and other international conferences.
- Shannon Staffing has been active in, and supportive of, community affairs through participation in Chambers of Commerce, Safety Council, civic and charitable groups, area campus activities, and vocational school programs.